onsdag 2. april 2014

Simple beetroot soup with Ging´s artisan goat cheese


I'm going to do it simple, my first humble trial for a recipe in English. My blog will continue to be written in Norwegian in the future, as I have had feedback that Chrome actually does the translation part satisfactorily.  The reason why this blog post is in English is that it is dedicated to the group Brussels Food Friends, a group that I've recently come to know and where I've already met more than a handful of like minded food interested people. I love it. An inclusive group of food bloggers - writing about everything from recipes, travel and food-related-lifestyle - to dedicating cakes to different men that has caused them pain. In a good humored sense, that is.
 

Anyway - this leads me to Debbie's cheese, also newcomer in the group, but no new comer in artisan goats cheese making, Debbie makes the most wonderful goats cheese of all kinds. You can learn more about Debbie and her goats cheese called Ging's Artisan Goats Cheese on her Facebook page (website still to be launched). I've attended a workshop in goats cheese making myself at her smallholding to great pleasure. I've even come to know her Goat Billy quite well. 

I could say many things about goats cheese - a universe in itself. Suffice to say this time that Ging's goats cheese is superb on its own and if you have the chance - go visit the farm or attend her Community Based Agriculture programme to receive your monthly dose of fresh made goats cheese. Nevertheless - goats cheese is also great in many recipes. I find it especially good on toast like I usually do with my chèvre on toast, but in soup - in soup it is really good. As you can top the soup with the cheese, you really get the taste of it if. My easy beetroot soup takes approximately 20 minutes. Easy and quick - everyone can do this.

Simple soup for 4

4 pre cooked beetroots
1 red onion
2 garlic 
50 g butter
1 dl of good red wine
2 sprigs of thyme
1 liter of fond (from vegetables
salt and pepper to taste

Slice onion and garlic finely and blanche with butter or good oil. Add the rest of the ingredients and cook 5 minutes - until everything is tender. Let cool and use a blender or similar to make a smooth soup. Serve warm with Ging's artisan goats cheese (the more the better) and sourdough bread.

Enjoy...






Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar